YYSL is a co-ed recreational soccer league; there are no tryouts.
The Spring 2024 season will take place from March 18 through June 1. Teams generally practice once a week, some coaches hold a second practice. Games will be held on Saturdays starting in April.
During registration, you can specify a preference for practice location and day of the week. YYSL Division Commissioners will accommodate these requests where possible. No request is guaranteed.
Refer to the birthday matrix for division assignments.
Players must register separately for the Spring and Fall seasons.
- Players are required to wear a YYSL jersey for games
- Jerseys can be purchased during registration
- The YYSL jersey must be worn over any outerwear
- Sweatshirt/jacket hoods must be worn down during gameplay for player safety
- Soccer cleats and shin guards are required at all practices and games
- Shin guards must be worn inside soccer socks
- Prescription glasses are permitted (no sunglasses)
- Jewelry is not permitted (e.g., watches, bracelets, necklaces)
- Beanie hats are recommended on colder days (no baseball caps or visors)
- Players are encouraged to bring a soccer ball to practice
- 6U & 8U size 3; 11U size 4; 14U & 18U size 5
- Players should also bring a water bottle to practices and games